Most Popular This Week:
1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to deat...
Only July 4, 1840, in Philadelphia, PA, Charles Toppan engraved the plate that was used to make this print of the Declaration of Independ...
Hello, this is Frank DeFreitas. It has been my pleasure to bring to you the Wonders of the Bible U.S. Semiquincentennial collection for t...
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Promises of a Good Citizen 1947
1. I will vote in all elections. I will inform myself on candidates and issues and will use my greatest influence to see that honest and capable officials are elected. I will accept public office when I can serve my community or my country thereby.
2. I will serve on a jury when asked.
3. I will respect and obey the laws. I will assist public officials in preventing crime and the courts in giving evidence.
4. I will pay my taxes understandingly (if not cheerfully).
5. I will work for peace but will dutifully accept my responsibilities in time of war and will respect the Flag.
6. In thought, expression and action, at home, at school, and in all my contacts, I will avoid any group prejudice, based on class, race, or religion.
7. I will support our system of free public education by doing everything I can to improve the schools in my own community.
8. I will try to make my community a better place in which to live.
9. I will practive and teach the principles of good citizenship right in my own home.
-- 30 --
*** Tomorrow's selection will contain the Freedom Pledge.
Look for much more about the 1947 and the 1976 Freedom Trains in the upcoming remaining days of June 2020, here at the Wonders of the Bible blog.
All part of my BibleAmerica250 celebration of the upcoming 2026 Semiquincentennial.