Popular This Week:

Monday, June 29, 2020

William Stone Declaration Engraving

This is the "version" of the Declaration of Indpendence that we are most familiar with: it is the William Stone engraving from the year 1823. This is a copy of that engraving, of course, with the original being at the National Archives in Washington, D.C.

It is shown actual size, so as you can see, the Declaration is a rather large document ... handwritten on parchment. Most "gift-shop" Declarations that you find are much smaller versions of the original size.

I need to get it framed, but I wanted to hold it flat rather than rolled. As soon as I can get out to a framing shop, I will get the materials and get busy with it.

You can find a lot of information on the Net concerning the William Stone engraving, so I will not duplicate that information here.

If you want to actually SEE the real Stone engraving, you will have to go to Washington. But if an exact facsimile will do, just come to one of my presentations and exhibits ... once they start up again.

I'm hoping to launch my new series celebrating the upcoming semiquincentennial this fall. I am scheduled for Lancaster, PA, and the topic (and exhibit) will be titled: "Christ, Creation, and the Declaration of Independence". Hope to see you there!

#BibleAmerica250